Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Q-tips are off the menu!

I just want to let everyone out there know that Q-tips are not very digestible. I know, you'd think they would be... all cotton and paper. Have I mentioned how I love paper? I ate a rather large package of Q-tips on Sunday and they didn't agree with me. The problems may have been exacerbated by the fact that they were combined with the peel (and seeds) of a butternut squash that I pilfered from the prep sink mid-preparations. They only have to leave the kitchen for a minute or so. I'm that fast! Anyway, the next morning (Monday) it all came back up. Several times. And because of it, I didn't get fed yesterday! That certainly was a bummer. I was totally miserable and sad yesterday with my tummy all empty. I'll never do that again! Like I'm smart enough to remember such things:)

On the flip side, it was a good ploy to keep Daisy in town so that Denver and I wouldn't be alone. She was supposed to leave for Seattle yesterday morning. With Tim off vacationing in Puerto Vallarta, there was no one to watch us. A neighbor was going to feed us and check in on us, but the Vet said I needed more supervision than that (to make sure the Q-tips all came out one way or another). So, Daisy changed her flight (she leaves today) and Tim comes home tonight. I really hate being alone at night (the dark and all) so I managed to maneuver things so that I wouldn't be!

No comments: